"Like shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." Anais Nin
"Laura set my soul on fire!"
- Shirley Weeks, Entrepreneur
"Working with Laura was a great experience! Not only did she help me to craft my unique story, but she helped to uncover things that were holding me back from sharing it. It was like having two coaches in one - a life coach and a public speaking coach! She has such a kind, open heart that lends itself to really connecting with her clients on a deeper level. I feel much more confident in myself as a speaker after working with her."
- Kate Gentile, Doctor of Chiropractic, Atlas-Specific Spine Center
This course is for you if:
1. You are an introvert and networking is an essential part of your career, business or goals (and if it isn't, it ought to be.)
2. But, alas, networking gives you the heebie-jeebies.
3. Being "salesy" is not an option. And you require some options.
4. A sense of urgency is brewing that is encouraging you to empower yourself.
5. You'd freak'n love your own personal fairy godmother to swoop down, listen to your wishes and networking challenges and help you accomplish your goals. Did I mention this COURSE INCLUDES PRIVATE public speaking coaching sessions with me!? I'll bring my magic wand.
In this course you will learn:
1. Seriously effective practices to transform how you network.
2. Practical tips and guidance to support you.
3. Strategies that will make stand out from the crowd and not just get noticed, but be remembered.
4. AND receive personal strategies in your private class to conquer public speaking fear and take your speaking to the next level. And that level is gonna be WAY UUUUPPPPPPP!
You will accomplish all the above by:
1. Working through compelling, easily digestible, self-paced lectures and videos I've created to deliver the wisdom and tools you need in the most efficient, effective and non-boring way possible.
2. Receiving a powerful, personalized, private session with me!
4. Putting what you've learned into practice and then, wait for it...see what happens...I think you'll like it.
"As a marketing professional, I know that attention spans are at an all time low, and being able to TELL YOUR STORY in an AUTHENTIC way is critical to draw people in and get them interested in you... Laura is the REAL DEAL..."
- Matthew Holmes, Head of Marketing, Ahualoa Farms
You guys, I used to be so scared to speak that I once pretended to be sick before it was my turn to introduce myself to a group.
All I had to do was stand up and say, "Hi, I'm Laura." But I couldn't do it. I ran out of the room holding my stomach. In the bathroom I faked heaving sounds incase someone was listening. I was deeply ashamed in that moment. Something had to change. But it would take me another decade until I'd have a breakthrough.
I know it was my childhood stutter that led to my adult speaking anxiety, but one day I stopped blaming it. I accepted it. I even became grateful for it. That acceptance and the strategies I've uncovered to overcome my fear began to change everything. As my voice grew, so did my confidence. But overcoming my fear was only the first step in empowering my voice. Owning my story and learning how to tell it was the real catalyst.
Today I am a public speaking coach, story marketing consultant and an international keynote speaker!
But I'd be lying if I told you I never get nervous anymore or experience self doubt. And occasionally my stutter still awakens. So, I continue to work at improving my speaking skills and challenging myself.
Recently, I took first place in a Toastmasters speech contest! It was definitely out of my comfort zone, but now I can't wait for the next one!
I want to share what I've learned with you so that you too can overcome any nervousness or fears you have towards public speaking and begin to empower your voice.
Connecting with people through public speaking has been one of the most thrilling things I've done and has expanded my life and my business in unexpected and incredibly positive ways.
Something quite astonishing happens when you discover how to connect authentically with your audience - and with yourself. I want you to experience that feeling.
I know you will.
You can learn more about how I help YOU bring your story into the world at www.storyforth.io
Frequently Asked Questions
You are more powerful than you realize.
But trust me, you will realize it. The first step is empowering your voice. You know, the one that is buried deep but wants to be heard. I can't wait to hear your story and how this course begins to impact your life.
That is EVERYTHING. Why are we even here if not to matter in some way? If not to connect meaningfully with others - and with ourselves?