Top Five Public Speaking Mistakes Revealed!
Warning: This mini-course will immediately improve your public speaking skills which may lead to more public speaking.
"Wanna fly? You got to give up that shit that weighs you down." Toni Morrison
This course is for you if:
1. You want to be a confident, charismatic, kick-ass speaker!
2. Your fear of public speaking has and is holding you back from badassery and you are done with that shit.
3. You are already doing some public speaking but want to learn strategies to elevate your speeches and presentations.
This course is SO NOT FOR YOU if:
1. You are already completely confident when speaking and know everything and blah, blah, blah.
2. You do not have a sense of urgency to empower your voice and story.
3. You are a unicorn.
In this course you will learn:
1. Practical skills to immediately apply to your speeches.
2. The 5 most terrible things that you should never do (but probably are) when giving your presentation or speech.
3. How these terrible things may be holding you back from being more awesome.
You will accomplish all the above by:
1. Working through brief, compelling, self-paced lectures that deliver this wisdom in the most efficient, effective and non-boring way possible.
2. Really, that's all you have to do.
3. Hey, if you are reading this, you are already accomplishing a lot...you showed up...keep going!
“WOW. Amazing results. After working with Laura I gave my BEST TALK EVER. I was DEEPLY CONNECTED with the audience and it was the BIGGEST APPLAUSE I’ve ever received. Now no matter what I do, whether I continue to be a realtor, run for office, or become a CEO - I will have the TOOLS that will help me be a more POWERFULLY PERSUASIVE speaker and storyteller and HELP EVEN MORE PEOPLE.”
- Minoo Elison, Realtor, Connect Hawaii
"Working with Laura has been a GAME CHANGER. My CONFIDENCE in speaking and presenting has been TRANSFORMED. She helped me create the story of why I do what I do, and sharing that was an experience I will never forget. And after I did I immediately received more business referrals!"
- Delsa Bertelmann, Financial Advisor, 101 Financial
"Working with Laura was an AMAZING experience. As a marketing professional, I know that attention spans are at an all time low, and being able to TELL YOUR STORY in an AUTHENTIC way is critical to draw people in and get them interested in you. Laura was able to help me take the bits and pieces floating around in my head, give them structure and turn them into a compelling story that was uniquely authentic to us. Laura is the REAL DEAL, has a huge heart and is a wonderful person to be around. If you are even considering it, I highly recommend working with Laura."
- Matthew Holmes, Head of Marketing, Ahualoa Farms
Get started now!
Frequently Asked Questions
What can I tell you? I used to be so scared to speak that I once pretended to be sick before it was my turn to simply introduce myself to a group. I ran out of the room holding my stomach. Then in the bathroom I made all the heaving sounds just incase someone was listening. I was trapped in my own fear, daily. And it was exhausting.
Another time I was asked to read one of my stories at a literary festival and I ended up taking so much Xanax to get through it that when I spoke I had a completely different voice and a slight British accent. To this day I don't know who that was speaking into the microphone, but it wasn't me.
As a child I struggled with a severe stutter and the humiliation and anxiety I experienced haunted me into my adult life every time I spoke. Every.Time.
Today I am an international keynote speaker, award-winning storyteller, author and the founder of Storyforth (www.storyforth.io), where I teach professionals and leaders how to empower their voices and stories. I am incredibly passionate about teaching others that their voice is meant to be heard.
It has taken me decades, but I have unlocked powerful strategies to erase my own crushing fear and self-doubt and I am confident you can too and I am honored to teach you how.
Cheers to your next presentation not sucking!
Stay tuned for the launch of my next BIGGER, BADDER (as in good-"badder," my M.Ed. on full display here, LOL) course! It's gonna be so fun and help a bunch and I can't wait to share it with you!
I appreciate you,